March 22, 2009

Designer Call


It has taken me MONTHS to decide how to proceed with this charity kit but I have finally reached a decision and I believe it's the best decision that I could have made. I am ready to move forward with a designer call.
The charity kit is for my mom who has ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) / Progressive Bulbar Palsy . This is a fatal disease which affects her ability to speak, swallow, and eventually will leave her in a vegetative state (if she lives that long). She is on a fixed income with medicare as her only insurance. Equipment and medical care is very expensive and some of which is not covered by insurance. All proceeds will go to help cover the cost of medical equipment (not covered by insurance). Whatever equipment we are able to acquire will be donated to the lending closet for other ALS patients when my mom no longer needs them (or upon her death). Any funds not used, at the time of momma's death, will be donated to the ALS association of Alabama.

All I am asking from contributing designers is 2 papers and 5 elements (full size). I will put the kit together, make the preview, and upload to the hosting stores. All contributing designers will listed as a contributor in the TOU and/or credits. The kit name and theme is "I'm Still Alive".



Please snag the color swatch and mail your contributions to me at oladyntheshu (at) aol (dot) com. Put "I'm Still Alive" in the subject line. Be sure to include your designer name so that I can credit you.

Deadline for contributions is April 5.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I know it takes a lot of courage to do something like this, but I have seen first-hand the devastating effects of ALS. I hope this collab turns out to be a great one because it is truly for a great cause!!

Melanie

Mary said...

I just found this & it's Apr 1 but I'm going to give it a go
my friend's sister died from ALS
have you approached the muscular dystrophy association (the organization Jerry Lewis runs his telethon for)? they also assist families dealing with ALS

Gina said...

Thanks for helping.

ALS recently referred us to the MDA and we are in the process of registering with them.